March 07, 2018 |
HOW TO KEEP YOUR FLOWERS FRESH
- A gift of flowers is one of the best to give, and to receive. Floral arrangements evoke emotion and have the ability to brighten our rooms and moods.
- The first step to a long-lasting bouquet is a clean vase. Scrub the interior with a mixture of one part bleach to 10 parts water and rinse well.
- If the flowers come in a vase of water, the work is mostly done. Check to make sure all the stems are in the water, and if not, refill the vase and cut a bit off the end of each stem so they can drink easily.
- Change the water in the vase every few days, we recommend. The vase should be refilled with lukewarm water and mixed with professional freshener that comes with the bouquet. This powder works to feed the flowers and slow the growth of bacteria.
- Keep the bouquet away from heat from the sun, stove or TV, and away from the fruit bowl. Fruit gives off ethylene gas, which makes flowers deteriorate faster.