January 05, 2019 |
Flower Food Alternatives to Renew Your Bouquet!
You have used your flower food packet and your flowers have been in the vase a few days. Renew your bouquet by changing the water, trimming the stems with a sharp knife or cutters and use one of the following as a replacement.
Try using one of the following as a replacement, and for more detailed information on each option read here.
- Soda—1/4 cup of Sprite or another clear soda
- Aspirin—1 crushed aspirin
- Coins—Add a penny to fight bacteria with a crushed aspirin
- Bleach—Add ¼ teaspoon and ¼ teaspoon sugar to fight bacteria
- Vodka—A few drops will help your flowers bloom
- Apple cider vinegar—2 tablespoons every 3-5 days
Note: Just use one of the above options, not all of them at once!
With a little bit of care, you can keep your flowers fresher for longer!